SODIS Building SMIS
Software for building equipment monitoring systems
SODIS Building SMIS software is aimed at completing the following tasks:
- issuing emergency warnings when proper functioning or safety of the building is compromised by the monitored systems;
- identification of natural, criminal or terrorist emergencies.
SODIS Building SMIS operates with the following functions:
- receiving, processing and analysis of messages about changes of the current engineering status of a building;
- registration of dispatch service actions;
- collection and storage of data;
- providing the dispatch services with the needed data;
- providing city services with the information about pre-emergency situations, system alarm status
and building safety.
Architecture of the system
SODIS Building SMIS has a client-server structure and consists of a front-end and back-end.
The back-end (server) has the following functions:
- liaises building services;
- collects building services parameters and records them into a central database;
- processes incoming messages in accordance with the set up rules and creates outgoing messages
- transfers messages to the city services dispatch.
The front-end (client) provides display of the monitoring results, including those in 3D, notifications about inci- dents and accidents, and dispatcher action recommendations.
Compatibility with other systems
SODIS Building SMIS has a flexible and extendable infrastructure of drivers, which allows the creation of drivers for receiving data from different engineering systems.
Currently the following is integratied:
- receiving of specially structured XML messages to the TSR port of the SMIS server;
- receiving ORS technology data realized as a separate module – ORS monitor, which observes
the changes of tags;
- integration with the Orion-Pro (BOLID Inc.) system;
- integration through the SNMP protocol;
- receiving messages via SMTP;
- integration of database logging realized as a separate module — database monitor;
- connection with the city services dispatch realized through special format XML messages
￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼via the HTTP protocol.
For the back-end of SODIS Building M a server with a 64-bit processor with Windows Server 2008 R2 or above is required.
For operational and analytical database work Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 or above is required.
Minimum server configuration:
- Intel Xeon 2GHz processor or better.
- Operating memory — 8GB or more.
- Data storage RAID10 — 2TB or more.
For the dispatcher a workstation with a 64-bit processor and Windows 7 Professional or above is required.
Minimum workstation configuration:
- Intel Core 2GHz processor or better.
- Operating memory — 4GB or more.
- Hard disk — 500MB or more.
- Video card GeForce GTX550 or better 1GB of video memory or more. • Screen with a resolution of 1280x1024 or higher.